Sunday, April 24, 2011

11 Years

3 minutes left before we pick up the kids...
There was a day last week when Nils went to work, I mopped the floor, went to some kids' Easter parties at school, met at a doctor's office with the whole crew, ate dinner at Costco, dropped the kids off at the neighbor's house for our Friday night neighbor 2.5 hour babysitting swap, and spent our time alone doing Easter shopping.

It was hot. It was hot because it was our anniversary. We seriously debated between going Easter shopping and going home and taking a nap. We're wild.

Nils gave me an electric griddle and it's almost the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love it. We felt sorta lame all day because we didn't have big plans, but it just seemed like running around was the right way to spend the day. Because that's life, and we love it and we're happy to be spending it togetha. We were asleep by 10:00.

Seriously, I can cook 6 pancakes and like 3 slices of bacon at the same time on that thing. I'm in love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! Isn’t it fun how priorities change over time! lol I hope you enjoying spending time togetha for a very long time!

Teresa said...

Ha ha! I love it! I remember when Brian and I first got married we even celebrated our 6 MONTH anniversary. Now, 9 yr later, we spent this last anniversary with Brian at school ALL. DAY. LONG. But, we snuck away for lunch and had a blast. I guess thats how you know if a marriage is successful: when your just happy spending even a little bit of time togetha! Happy 11!!

Doulabug said...

Awww, I love love. And good marriages. And BACON! Hmmm....I need a new griddle after 29 years.

Bev said...

A big congrats to you two! In my book you two are the coolest cats in town!