Thursday, May 12, 2011

My life couldn't be more perfect. Just kidding.

It took me like 15 minutes to come up with that title.

So a couple of weekends ago we were in Nevada for a little birthday visit to Nils' mom, which was DElightful. After 18 of us surprised her at a Las Vegas restaurant and invited ourselves to stay the night at her house, my parents-in-law exhorted me to keep blogging. Exhorted me, I say! You know you have to do as your in-laws say, because that way you can show up at their house unannounced and invite yourself to stay for a few days and then they cook you dinner and comply with incessant requests from 3-year olds to print out pictures of mermaids. (Or in the words of our 3-year old, "Maymaids".) 

Our days and weeks seem to be running together lately and life feels sorta Groundhog Day-ish. Now, the last thing I want to be is a whiney baby, so I apologize if that's the way this sounds. We're learning how to deal with everyone having different schedules and activities. A1 &A2 are getting to the ages of having their own schedules to work around, and boy is it throwing a wrench into things. They're both playing soccer right now, so we have to divide and conquer when they have games and practices at the same time in different places. Nils is gone a couple nights a week, and I have a couple of callings that require two nights a week as well. One of those is to serve on the Stake Camp Committee, which is tons of fun- it's just a lot of time. Camp is at the end of June, so once it's over I think things will lighten a bit. But there are moments when we feel like we're drowning in the calendar and not spending a whole lot of quality time together. Blech.

With all that being said, I hardly leave the house during the day. From 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. I think, "Why do I feel so busy? Today was just like yesterday. And the day before yesterday. Etcetera." Then the kids get home from school and it's ovah! It's a weird and sudden contrast that throws me every day. You'd think I'd learn. 

Anders was accepted into the A.L.L. program in our school district, so next year he's going to a different school about 10 minutes away. We're very happy that he has this opportunity; but I'll have to figure out how to get him and Addie to 2 different schools at the same time. Should be interesting, me thinks. I was thinking about all of this on Mother's Day and remembered all of the driving my mom did. When I was in 9th grade, which was at the jr. high, I was on the high school cross-country team. So my mom would pick me up from school, drive me to the high school for practice. Then she would pick me up and take me home. Then when I was in high school she picked me up every day from swim practice. Not to mention all of the track, cross-country and swim meets she attended for 4 of her 6 children. I don't know if I ever thanked her back in the day, so I made sure to on Sunday. It was random and about 15 years late. 

 Okay, enough of that. On to some random factoids:
  • Nils is growing his hair long, and it's turned into a battle of wills between us. 
  • Aani fell asleep sitting up at the dinner table tonight.
  • Ava continues to be my velcro child.
  • I read A Tale of Two Cities and I think it was good exercise for my brain. Kind of a downer, though, that book.
  • Tomorrow is Thursday. It is!
I'm going to stop before this digresses anymore. Good night everyone!

3 comments:

Ashli said...

I'm glad you've been exhorted. I miss your posts :) I smile just seeing it in the line up.

Doulabug said...

You read WHAT?? You are a better woman than I. Charles Dickens is beyond me.

Anyhoo, I too am glad that you've been exhorted. You write just the bestest blog! Now if you could just teach me how to put the blog updates dates in my sidebar, I would be eternally grateful.

Love you!

Doulabug said...

Did you get the comments that were left before Blogspot went nutty last week? I forgot what I wrote but it was good!