Sunday, December 30, 2012

Proof that we do stuff sometimes and take pictures

Nils built a bathroom in our basement over the last several months. We decided to bite the bullet and finish it.  The most glorious thing about having this bathroom is that we no longer have nightly scream fests from 4 kids  fighting over the same sink in our comically small kids' bathroom upstairs. Anyway, good job, Nils. 

The kids have taken to all sleeping in the same room lately. They've always sort of done this on and off, but we're a little surprised that all of them still do it, even the older 2. This night, Addie slept in Ava's bed and was happy as a clam being all scrunched up. Aani and Ava slept all night together in the recliner. Anders found a spot on the floor and was quite cozy.

 This was on election day, when I took these two to the school to vote and stood in line for over 2 hours. By the time it was my turn to vote, they were so frazzled and I was ready to go nuts. I can't even remember who  or what I voted for in a lot of the cases, I was in such a hurry to get out of there. 

 Halloween: Aani was a witch-bat, Addie a witch, Ava was Elmo, Anders a zombie soccer player. Because what else does a 9-year old boy want to be besides a zombie?

 Nils was a nerd for Halloween. I couldn't stop laughing. He's really, really good at it.

 I requested tickets for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert in, oh I don't know, September or October. I completely forgot about it, and then when I got an official looking envelope in the mail from the Church, I was a little bit scared that I was in trouble. I was thrilled to see that I got tickets! We got them for the Sunday morning concert. It was spectacular. Honest to goodness, those Mormons know how to put on a production. I cried more than once, and I've decided I have a disorder that makes me cry during live performances. It doesn't matter what it is, apparently; it can be a play at a high school, a program at the elementary school, or an amazing concert. I will cry, and I will try really hard to hide the fact that I'm crying. 
The best part of this morning was that Nils had a valid excuse to not go to meetings. 

You should go.

No comments: