Sunday, May 29, 2016

Price and Ferron

We sluffed church today (gasp!) and took a trip down to Price and Ferron, Utah, to pay a visit to our relatives who are buried down yonder. My mom grew up in Emery and Carbon Counties. Her parents, and many generations back were settlers there, so lots of folks to honor.


My Grandma and Grandpa's gravesite, my mom's parents.


This is a monument to my ancestor Ann Singleton, who was a total stud muffin. She was the second wife of Jospeh Singleton (a polygamist...GASP again!), and moved to/settled Ferron by herself with 5 kids and had to fight off Native Americans to protect herself and her kids.


How many kids can we fit in a trunk?




This is the headstone of my Grandpa's parents. My mom, Kathryn, was named after her grandmother Catherine. Ava's middle name is Catherine, in honor of the original spelling. Also, Lars is a cool name. I wish we could have used that at some point. Maybe one of our kids will have a boy named Lars (hint hint, kids).

No comments: