Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Yay Spring!

Spring has exploded, and it's wondrous. We've been enjoying it A LOT for the last couple of weeks. Everything is green and lovely.

Spring Break: We had cousins come visit from Connecticut and Mexico. It's the most fun when we get to see our far away family. The kids can't get enough of each other. 

Nils and I had one day together during spring break, and I made him work out with me. He handled it well.

Nils and the girls texted me this picture while I was at work, to let me know how much they were missing me. It made me feel very loved, and I got to show people my attractive family.

Through a series of sudden, unexpected events, Nils and I got to go to a Jazz game for free and experience it from a suite. Sadly, the game was a boring, blowout win, and we felt very out of place sitting with the upper echelon folk. But, we got free nachos and stuff. We felt like we had to be reverent.

Primary Easter egg hunt. We only have one kid in primary now. Super weird. 

Had a fun night out with these gals. They each got new sneakers, and we all enjoyed some yumminess at In-N-Out. It's nice that they still like to be with us.

Anders got a flat tire on his way home from work. Oh yeah, Anders got a job! He works at a fun center nearby. Anyway, as Nils was teaching him to change his tire, Anders was schooling Nils on how he (Anders) doesn't need to know these things, because if he ever gets a flat tire, he can just YouTube how to fix it. Ironically, he couldn't YouTube it, because A) He doesn't have YouTube on his phone, and B) His phone battery was dead. Teenagers are smart. But, watching Nils that night made me wuv him even more, AS IF THAT'S POSSIBLE.

Easter hunt at Grandma's. These pictures crack me up. Oh man, Aani's face. Our kids sure know how to be soooo good lookin'.


Our anniversary was last week. We both worked. We took the kids to dinner, and to see Shazam!, and then we came home and fell asleep at 10:00. The kids were asking why we were going out to dinner, and Nils told them it was our anniversary, so they wrote these notes to us while we weren't looking. Stinkers.

We went up to City Creek to go to the Cheesecake Factory a few days later, and that was nice. Aaahhh, spring. 💖😍

Anders had a band concert, and let us know he didn't care if we went or not. How nice. I went ahead and went anyway. In this picture, he's resting his head on his hand to show his enthusiasm for band. I won't let him quit.

Aani's class performed 2 Shakespeare plays, back to back, as per tradition of this class. While we enjoy seeing our children perform, we really mostly don't care about any of the other children, and our kids have always had very minor roles in these productions. I'm good for about 30 minutes of any children's theatrical performance, so this was a loooooooooong 2 1/2 hours. Like, listen to an audio book long. Thank you, audio book.

But she's cute, and I made sure to pay attention to the one line she had at the very beginning of the play.

Explosion of Spring. Our grass has greened up like crazy, things are blooming, and we're finally starting to see the fruits of our 4 years of hard labor in the yard. It's coming together! 😭So much blood, sweat and tears.




Working on a deck for the terrace. It's going to have a fire pit and be the bomb.com. Can't wait.

I was in our old neighborhood today, dropping off a friend, so I drove by our old house to see the red tulips I planted all those years ago. They used to make me so happy. I can't drive by the old house without wanting to spray for weeds, trim things and mow the grass, so I probably shouldn't do that anymore.

My life has eased up a lot since Anders got his license. I used to spend so much time carting him around. He's enjoying the independence. So far, he's only gotten one flat tire, and locked his keys in his car once. We decided to end piano lessons for him, after a frustrating many months with his teacher being flaky.

The girls are all doing well. I don't want to jinx anything by writing it down, but they all get along and love each other. Sometimes we watch them and scratch our heads, wondering if it's too good to be true. They all have friends, but they also like spending time with each other. Addie and Aani are really into drawing and fancy markers right now, and Ava is all about the glue gun. She goes nuts with that glue gun, and the things she makes out of cardboard, paper, pom poms, etc. are pretty impressive.

That's all, folks.

1 comment:

Fabulous5 said...

Your yard sure does look pretty! It sounds like your life has settled down a little! That is a good thing! Maybe you are just getting better used to working outside of the home. Either way they look they are getting along well and growing up just right!