Sunday, December 18, 2005

Where to Start....

Monday: Nothing too exciting happened. I puked at the gym, though.
Tuesday: Nils got a huge pen order. He had to make 25 pens by Friday.
Wednesday: My Grandma died. Sad, weird day. Nils worked all day at Craft Supplies, and all night on the pens.
Thursday: Had a Christmas party with girls in the ward. Nils worked until 2:30 a.m. finishing the pens.
Friday: I took the kids to Salt Lake to my brother Greg's firefighting graduation.
Saturday: We all drove to Price for my Grandma's funeral. It was sad, but good at the same time. She would have been 92 next month. We had to get home, because I've been planning a Christmas party with my high school friends, and it was here. It was lots of fun, they stayed until midnight. I was pooped. Got the flu.
Sunday (today): Woke up feeling a bit better, went to church, etc. Started feeling crappy during Primary, and have felt miserable the rest of the day and night. I really hope I get over it quick.

Now, for a tribute to Grandma. My sister spoke at the funeral and asked that we write a favorite memory of our Grandma. My paper was folded in half, so she forgot to read it. Here's what it said:

My favorite times with Grandma were when she would take one or two of us to her house in Mapleton to spend the night. We would stop at Allen's grocery store in Springville on the way, and she'd let us each pick out our very own box of cereal. She would even let us get the sugar coated stuff. I always had fun at Grandma's house, because she had a TV with a remote control, and she let me eat all the sugar cubes I wanted. It was really all about the sugar at Grandma's. Besides sugar, however, I loved spending time with her because I knew she loved us so much and she loved having us with her.

The End.

No comments: