Monday, December 11, 2006

Regression

We moved out of our townhouse on Saturday. We close on it this Friday, but Nils has finals this week and wanted to move before all that. Where did we move, you ask? My mom's basement, thank you very much. We haven't had time to look for a house. We've been out a couple of times, but I've been so sick that I can't handle the process. I now associate house hunting with vomiting, and it's just not good. We're hoping that we can start looking for real next week after finals are over and our house is closed on, etc.

I went to the doctor for my first prenatal visit last week. The first thing he did that gave me joy was prescribe me anti-nausea medicine. I'm going to fill it tonight. I haven't had time with packing, moving and all that crap. I'm excited to see if it works. Since I've had pregnancy induced hypertension in the past, and my last baby weighed 4 lbs. 10 oz., I've been instructed to gain no more than 15 pounds, to exercise as much as possible, and not eat salt. Believe it or not, I was really glad to get those guidelines. The doctor was optimistic about the outcome of this pregnancy, so that made me optimistic as well. I've been a little nervous given Addie's traumatic birth and first few weeks of life. Hopefully all will go well with this one.

Anders and Addie are loving living at Grandma's house. Anders got into bed with me this morning and said, "Mommy, I like living at Grandma's house", and this afternoon he said, "Grandma's house is so nice!" Addie woke up this morning and first thing went upstairs looking for grandma. They're funny little whipper-snappers.

1 comment:

Holly said...

We can totally empathize on the regression!! You guys aren't as old as we are though, so you are maybe better off than we are!