Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas and all that


Christmas was dandy. We started shopping Thursday night. We're good people. It really didn't feel like Christmas this year. With moving, getting sort-of settled at my mom's, finals, and cold, cold weather...it just made it difficult to get into all of it. Anyhoo, I'm sort of glad it's over so we can focus on house finding to some degree. Having said that, Anders was thrilled on Christmas and enjoyed it immensely, so at least one member of our family had the Christmas spirit. The above picture just might be my favorite of Anders EVER. He was checking out his other presents, but humoring dad by giving a nice fake smile. I love it.

Sickness wise, I'm starting to feel better. I still have a bit of nausea at night, but as long as I have a mint or mint gum I'm okay. My appetite has returned, which I'm very grateful for. I'm still not crazy about sweets and baked goods, but I suppose that's a blessing in the long run.

Nils' family came up Wednesday night and is staying until Saturday. They're staying with Grove and Andi in Eagle Mountain, so we went to their house last night to see everyone and to do the Rasmusson Christmas exchange. We haven't seen everyone since July, so it was a lot of fun. We left at 12:15 a.m. I don't think Anders and Addie have ever been up that late. Everyone was so tired, needless to say. It's almost 10:00 and they are still sleeping. That's nuts.

I just want to give a shout out to our fellow bloggers Dave and Holly- you two are probably two of three people that have read this thing, so thanks and welcome! By the way, yours is fabulous.

1 comment:

Holly said...

We, in turn, give a shout out to you guys. We love your blog. You are both great (funny) writers.