Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Day I Met My Internet Friend


Over 4 years ago, I met Mary Ann, from Rochester, NY through ye olde blog. She left a nice comment on a post I had written about one of the best books ever written, These Is My Words. I figured that if she liked that book, she had to be a nice person. So we've become friends via blogging for the past few years. Pretty cool, right? She called me a few months ago and told me she was coming to Salt Lake to go to the Family History Library, but I know the REAL reason she came was so we could meet and spend a day together. Tee-hee!

She agreed to let me pick her up in Salt Lake and drive her all over tarnation. I mean, what if I were a psychopath? I picked her up and we went to church. Then she had the guts to go to my mom's house for a Vander Werff family dinner. Wow, what a gal! I have to say, she is one of the nicest, loveliest people I know. I felt totally comfortable with her, like we've been friends for years and years. We chatted away in the car; actually, I'm pretty sure I just blabbed my head off the whole time. Nils and the kidders took to her right away and were sad when I had to drop her off that evening. It was a fun day that went by in a flash.

Thank you, Mary Ann, for trusting that I wasn't a sociopath and spending a lovely day with our crazy family! We look forward to seeing you again and again.

3 comments:

Doulabug said...

Ya know, I could have been a nut job as well! But see? It all worked out and nobody was nuts and now we know each other in PERSON and still love each other! Okay you figured me out that the real reason I went to SLC was to meet you. Don't tell Sister Graham!

What a nice post. Thanks you dear friend!

Unknown said...

SO...fun!

Brownie Bites said...

What a fun opportunity. Now you're friends in real life.