Monday, June 11, 2012

I get weepy for teachers

Ah yes, another school year has drawn to a close. My goodness, I can hardly believe it. This year has been just plain fantastic. The last couple of weeks of school I kept feeling all weepy and gratitude-filled. Anders and Addie both had teachers who went above and beyond, and I just can't get over it. The time and energy it takes to simply show up and teach every day is astounding, but these teachers obviously spend countless hours outside of school planning, preparing, and investing personally in each of their students for no extra money. Man, it makes me weepy just thinking about it. Thank you to these wonderful teachers, for helping my kids love school and love learning. What a gift they give.

Addie and Mrs. Richins, who sent Addie a postcard during Christmas break, and then dropped by our house the day after school got out to bring Addie her pumpkin plant...I could go on. Seriously, I love her.

Anders with his last day of school mohawk, and Mrs. Burgon with her last day of school colored hair. I don't even think they coordinated that- what a pair! She is the kind of teacher that every child would have in a perfect world.  I can't say enough!

 Here is Aani's preschool class. They're so freaking cute, I can't even handle it.

Off to kindergarten next year. WHAT?!

Now we just have to figure out how to stay happy and busy for the summer! So far the kids have art camp and karate during June. All I can say is they better have their black belts by the end of the month, or I'm demanding a refund from those community ed people. Word 'em up.

No comments: