Saturday, December 31, 2016

A little round-up, and a gift to you

What can I say, I'm still feeling that Christmas giving spirit. I've made these gingersnaps for a few years as neighbor gifts. I usually make about 300 cookies, and then I never want to bake again. 

No joke, whenever I make them, I get multiple comments on them. Comments like, "Those are the best gingersnaps I've ever had in my life." They're chewy, not hard. I'm no baking genius- this recipe is just really good. It's from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook my mom gave me when we got married. So, here's a gift for still reading this blog. You too can be a neighbor Christmas-gifting hero!

The girls had a Christmas Sing at school. Here's my little Happiest Christmas Tree.

On Christmas Eve, my brother took us all on a caroling hayride in the rain. It was fun, wet, and lasted about 10 minutes. :)


Addie, Aani, and Ava take tumbling from our friend in the neighborhood. It's so fun! I love how much they've learned. They're constantly practicing handstands, cartwheels and kick overs. I can't believe what those little bodies can do- even tall, gangly Addie.





There are 37 days a year that the kids' ages line up to 2 years apart. I just saw this on LDS Tools and thought I'd document before it changes in 6 days.

I keep seeing on the internet what a crappy year 2016 has been. I guess it has been a rough year for this old world. It's been a pretty okay year for us Rasmussons, though. Everyone is healthy, learning and growing. We're still trying to figure out how to be parents, especially as we have embarked on this teenage parenting  deal. We're almost always confounded on that one. Happy 2017 to all. May we all be pleasantly surprised by it. :)

No comments: