Friday, July 07, 2006

Jewelry

I have a complex about accessories. I don't know if it's the way I was raised or what, but I have a hard time wearing jewelry. I feel like a hooker if I wear big earrings, big necklaces, etc. I also can't wear lipstick; pretty sure I'll never get over that one. Anyhoo, I went to a bead party a few weeks ago and made some really cute stuff, and gave it to my mother-in-law. Then I saw everyone in my ward wearing their cute earrings and bracelets and necklaces, so I was sad and covetous. There was another bead party last night so I went and made up my mind to get over myself. I made two bracelets and some earrings that are quite large, and I must say I love them. I know I'll have very little trouble wearing the bracelets, but I'll have to ease into the earrings.

This is the last 15 hour day that Nils and I have. It's his last day at his second job. Yay! This week has been great. He worked Monday, but had Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights off. It makes the hugest difference. Anders is much happier when his daddy's around. So am I, as a matter of fact. I got the worst headache last night, and I'm still feeling it this morning. I hope I can keep it at bay through this long day.

No comments: