Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy Birthday, Nils!

Today is Nils' birthday. He's 28, just like his old woman. He makes fun of me often because I'm 7 months older than him. Punk. Anyhoo, we went to lunch at Brick Oven today, and it was yummy. I have had a horrible headache all week. I thought it was getting better yesterday, but this morning I started getting extremely dizzy. I feel carsick. We're supposed to climb Mt. Nebo tonight. The plan is to leave at 2 a.m. so we can be at the top by sunrise, and be home before it's too hot. Harmony and Ben are sleeping over so we can do this. That is, if I'm not too ill.

For Nils' birthday, he got a TV tuner card, and a Bonsai Tree. Let's talk about the tree, shall we? He took a sudden, strange & obsessive interest in Bonsai trees. He asked his parents for one, and pretty much the next day we had one on our doorstep. He's named it Bonsie. He feeds it with a sippy cup. He refers to it as one of the children. Should I worry?

On a different subject, I think I'm getting released from my primary pianist calling. I can't even to begin to say how happy that makes me. It's been well over a year. I didn't mind it so much for a long time, but the last couple of months have been close to torture for me. I am so bored. I miss Relief Society tons. I have about 45 minutes when it's sharing time for Jr. and Sr. and I have nothing to do. This is inbetween when Sunday School ends and Relief Society begins, so I don't get to hear any sort of lesson. I usually catch announcements in RS and then have to leave. I heard through the grapevine that they have a replacement for me and everything, but I haven't officially been told that I'm getting released. I wonder if it will just happen during sacrament meeting, or if I get called in and they do it personally. I don't think I've ever been officially released before. We always move first. Either way, do it, and do it soon, people!

No comments: