Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Candy Man Can!

Friday night my throat started to hurt. Saturday, during the Super Saturday I helped coordinate, I started to feel absolutely horrible. Saturday night, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I wanted to die. Certainly a virus would start to improve after 5 days, right? I finally went to the doctor yesterday, and the kind man gave me a Z-Pack and Tylenol with codeine. I can't believe the difference. I don't feel 100%, but I can get out of bed now and not want to die. I think I had strep throat. The doc didn't do a strep test, but indicated my symptoms were either viral or strep. Thank you, Zithromax. Mix pregnancy and vomiting in with strep and we've got ourselves a party, people! I'm so thankful to be feeling better. I was really starting to think I'd never get well. My house is such a wreck. I got up this morning to find the downstairs in shambles. Crayons and play-doh all over the floor, sticky counters, dirty dishes in the sink, garbage overflowing, laundry overflowing. Our room smells like sickness. I think I'm going to sanitize, sterilize and disinfect everything today. It's so interesting to see how everything around here falls apart when Mom's not available. Nils put Addie to bed in her clothes last night. Bless his soul, he really does what he can.

We're having Thanksgiving at my mom's tomorrow. I asked her what my assignment was, and she told me nothing because she doesn't want me throwing up while trying to cook. Excellent point. I think we're going to get some frozen pies and bake them. I think I can handle that.

I'll be 12 weeks on Friday, and I'm hoping the sickness just magically disappears. Wouldn't that be fabulous?

No comments: