Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New House!


We bought a house last week. It's very scary to me, but also exciting. We broadened our search to Saratoga Springs and found this house in the Harvest Hills development. That's the one right by Smith's and Redwood Road, so it's not 10 miles down by the lake or anything. We aren't going to put any of our townhouse earnings down, so we'll use the money to finish the basement and make some improvements to the upstairs. Two words: Brass doorknobs. They must go. Anyhoo, we're hoping the loan will go through within a month or so.

The last week was birthday mania here at the Rasmusson compound. Anders turned 4 on the 6th, Addie turned 2 on the 12th, and I turned 29 on the 14th. Geez, I'm such a geezer. My last 20's birthday...let me wipe away the tear. All take note: next year I want a surprise party for my 30th. I can't believe my kids are that old. Anders used to be in my belly, and now he says things like, "Mommy, Dear Heavenly Father made our tummies soft, because that's how he made us". He thinks the "Dear" is part of Heavenly Father's title.
Addie's coming out of her "I hate Mom" phase, which I'm enjoying. She still confuses the heck out of me about 40% of the time. I can't figure out what she wants and she screams at me. Speak, child! She's getting much better with talking, she has words for most things, but hasn't started putting words together yet. The other day she did say, "juice...eh...eh, NO!" when asked if she wanted juice. Little Addie. I love her.

The above pictures are of them at the mall on Addie's birthday, and of them playing Elefun on Anders' birthday with Dad and Uncle Greg. Just in case any of you are considering buying this game, don't. It's really so much less climactic that one might expect, and you have to refill the stupid butterflies literally every 15 seconds. LAAAAAME!

Alright, I'm done. Peace out, brothers and sisters. I mean that in an eternal sense, not a hip one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesomme about the house! so what's brewin in the oven? has the sex been anounced yet?
courtney

Holly said...

congrats on the house! we are envious.