Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Lost

It's terrible. Just after moving in to Katrina's mom's basement, Katrina and I lost her engagement ring in a collaborative effort. She took a nap on the bed (which was a guest bed at the time) and then got up and left the room. She placed her rings on the bed. Later I took that bed down to put up our own bed. In the process, I saw her wedding band in a pile of bedding. I didn't see the engagement ring anywhere, though. We haven't seen it since. We've torn apart the room three times, checked all the bedding various times and... nothing. I just finished looking through the bedroom again and it's depressing. It's been about a month now. I just called Tom, Katrina's brother, who said his brother in law has a really nice metal detector. We hope it will help. Katrina got matching rings for her birthday but they're just not the same. Plus the engagement band was awfully expensive. Katrina knows. She paid for most of it after we got married.

No comments: