Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pirates, John Grisham, Legos and Frosting.

Katrina and I finally watched the much talked about 'Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest'. We watched the first Pirates movie a while ago and thought it was pretty good, nothing great but not bad. The second one, though- my goodness. It was about 7 hours long and full of horrible looking creature people, the most offensive of which was squid grill- a gnarley sicko with a squirmy tentacle face. Nasty. He was unpleasant to watch and the movie seemed to last forever. I still don't know why Davie Jones' heart was in a chest somewhere on an island and he controlled the giant sea monster... or something. Anyway. Two thumbs down from the Rasmussons.
I downloaded an audiobook last week called The Testament by John Grisham. I generally enjoy Grisham's work but I've never read any of it- just watched the movies. I guess I'm still not reading it, just listening to it, but it's quite enjoyable. It's 12 hours long and I'm about half way through. I just listen to it in the car and I'm completely drawn into it. I have a hard time getting out of the car when I get to work or get home. The book is great so far. I'm very curious to see what happens but I would already recommend this book to anyone looking for a good book to read. So far it's very clean, too.
Tonight the kids and I hung out while mom and Grandma went to the movies. They're not back yet but we had a full night. As soon as they left we started making cupcakes. While they baked we made pudding. Before that we played legos. After that we played hide and seek. Anders likes to hide under blankets and giggle. As soon as you finish counting he yells, "Here I am, Daddy!" unable to control his excitement. Kinda ruins the game but he has fun. I made a sweet airplane with the legos. I used to play with legos for hours and hours. I have to say- I still got it. My airplane was flippin' sweet. That's about it for now. I'm going to add some photos of our blessed evening now. Rock on. Nils.
PS- I'm really not thrilled with Blogger's interface so these are out of order but you get the idea.














1 comment:

David Lesue said...

I totally agree with your assessment of POTC2. Too long, too gross, and too many plot holes. Actually, can you call them plot holes, if there is no real plot to begin with? The entire movie seemed like a series of loosely strewn-together action sequences, with some dialog thrown in at random.