Thursday, May 21, 2009

My boyfriend Clif

Sorry for whining, but I feel it's important for the future me to have a record of the misery. You forget, and when that little bean is almost 2 years old, you think, "Oh, it wasn't so bad. LET'S HAVE MORE!" Am I right or am I right?

I had my first prenatal appt. yesterday. By having me pee in a cup, they were able to tell me that I'm dehydrated and that I have a bladder infection. Geez, no wonder I feel so crappy. On the bright side, I was prescribed Zofran (because the Phenegran put me in a coma) and we were able to hear the wee one's heartbeat. I need to hear it to prove that there's actually a baby in there; because, you know, the vomiting/dehydration/bladder infection aren't proof enough. I actually really do enjoy hearing it and it helps put things in perspective.

My friend just dropped off some Clif bars for me. It was so nice. For whatever reason, I can eat them when I feel awful, they stay down, they're not too sweet, and they're packed with protein so I don't feel hungry and sick 15 minutes later. I'm very thankful. Thanks, Jenny. You da bomb.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I have decided that this problem I have been having with Kailey is to help me realize that I really don't do very well when I have a newborn and I really don't want a newborn anytime soon! When you see how cute they are you sometimes get lost in their cute little eyes and you forget..... Good luck with all the yuck!

mooresclan said...

Oh, I get it. I thought you were naming the baby Cliff. I was all sorts of confused about why your baby would be your boyfriend. Maybe Clif could just be your BFF or something like that. Right now you are asking yourself how we can even be related.

Holly said...

complain away my dear! i feel your pain and am glad to have someone to commiserate with!

Brownie Bites said...

Clif bars, huh. Never thought of that. I'm glad you have some friends looking after you! :)

Doulabug said...

Hooray for whatever tastes good to you and that will stay down!!

Gingerlylizzy said...

Congratulations guys! You make cute babies so keep em' coming!