Monday, May 11, 2009

Quatro

News:

A new little Rasmusson is coming to town at the beginning of December! We're happy and excited. In the short term, I will be very, very happy and excited when I stop throwing up.

I have been feeling rotten. I can't cook or go to the grocery store. I'm the sickest at night and really can't be a presence past about 5 p.m., since I need to escape consciousness to find relief. For all of these reasons, we decided to tell the kids so they wouldn't think I'm a deadbeat mom.

Anders: YAAAAAAY! I wanted you to have another baby!
I hope it's a boy. I'm tired of all these sisters.

Addie: When you eat Cheetos, does that make it so the baby eats Cheetos, too?
Maybe this baby will be a nice baby and not hit me like Aani does.
Now Aani can have a baby friend.
When I'm a grown-up and I get sick, that means I'm going to have a baby, huh?

Me to Aani (as I was kneeling by the toilet to puke and she worked her way onto my lap): There's a baby in Mommy's tummy, you know.
Aani: Yeah.
Me: Can you handle it?
Aani: Yeah.

Amid the sickness and misery, we're very thankful to be adding to our family. Our kids are wonderful little people and we love them to pieces.

20 comments:

Jess said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! this isn't another joke is it? I fell for the last one, but I didn't live close enough to spread the news around.

courtneyb said...

LOL, Anni on you lap!!
congratulations, i'm happy for you guys but I'm sorry you have to feel so icky!


You just wanted to be like Holly, one of these days you will reach all star status like her. Just wait my friend.

Farrah said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! Not for all the barfing and sickness, but for the wonderful thing that will happen when all that grossness is over! My vote is for a boy. Anders definitely needs a tough boy to help gang up on those strong sisters of his.

Misty Anderson said...

congratulations! That is awesome!

Holly said...

Congratulations guys!!! I feel for you, Katrina. You wanna get together for a pity party?, or it could be a puke party. Whatever works for you.

And I think Courtney is onto us...

Teresa said...

Yeah for you! I am so happy for you guys! I am so glad it isn't me! I am happy all around! :cP Really, congrats, and really sorry about the puking!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Congratulations! Very exciting news. You and BreAnne should get in touch - she is due the same time and has been sicker than a dog as well. So much so that her kids are here in Texas and she is in Ohio in bed popping anti-nausea medication. I'm sure you could commmiserate with each other.
Good luck with the pregnancy!

G-Money said...

A new niece/nephew? Sweet! I thought 3 was the number but 4 is an even number. We like 4.

Doulabug said...

Holy Guacamole! More love to spread around - lucky girl you are!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats!!! That better not mean it's my turn 6 months later. I think this is the time when we break the trend my friend.

Melinda B. said...

Congratulations you guys! How exciting! I am in total awe. Are you going to try for another A name? Is this why you got off wellbutrin?

Melanie Palmer said...

You're crazy. Nuts I tell ya. Oh yeah, and congrats ;)

Ashli said...

Congrats. I hoped this was coming soon. I almost said after your little slide show that it looked like it was time for another. HOpe you stop puking soon!

Becky said...

I can't believe it!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!! (Does the fact that I am using way too many exclamation points show you how excited I am?) I hope that you feel better soon.

*Jane Lee* said...

YAY! You guys make super cute kids, so you might as well repopulate the earth. It's only proper. :)

Bev said...

Congrats Kat & Nils!

ps. Loved the kids responses!

mooresclan said...

Congrats. Remember what you told me someone told you about having four kids, "It kicks you in the butt"? Yeah, be prepared. You'll have to make sure to go back on that Wellbutrin as soon as this baby comes:)

Unknown said...

Congrats Katrina! Four kids will be fun for you both. The throwing up part is not fun!!! Now Ani can beat up on someone else besides her sister! Love you! Take care of yourself!

Brownie Bites said...

CONGRATS!!!! 4 is a fun number. Its been good to us thus far.

Erwin and Michelle said...

Okay, I totally feel like a loser. I can't believe I didn't pick up on this sooner. I saw the signs, but didn't put two and two together. Oops. It's all making sense now... Well a big Congrats to you!!