Thursday, July 09, 2009

Ahhh, the 4th

On Saturday, July 4, 2009, we woke up at 5:00 a.m. so we could drive to Provo and see the hot air balloons launch. It's an enjoyable experience. Obviously, Aani was thrilled. Waking up at 5 makes for a long day, by the way.A little later we went up Provo Canyon to Canyon Glen park and had a picnic with some of the Vander Werff clan. Uncle Greg let the kids draw all over him. He and his wife are having their first baby together in January; I wonder if he'll let his own kids draw all over him?
And I'd just like to thank Nils for taking this really attractive picture of me while I slept. You're the best, honey. Now I know what I look like when I'm asleep. Rrrrraaarrrr!
Later that night we had a BBQ at Nils' brother's house. It was lovely and relaxing. And that was some good steak! When we got home, the kids collapsed in their beds. Nils and I went across the street and watched fireworks on the neighbor's deck with the other cul-de-sacers.

A great and exhausting 4th.

3 comments:

Doulabug said...

Lookit you all pregnant and cute! And snoring.

Holly said...

what are you talking about? you are a lovely sleeper!

Brownie Bites said...

We saw the hot-air ballonons too. I love doing that but it does make for a loooong day. Especially by the end of fireworks.