Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh, it is ON!

What the H-E-double hockey sticks is up with the mice? Was there something about the weather this year that's making the little pieces of crap invade everyone's homes? I don't know how many are lurking around our house. I've had 4 sightings.

Nils caught one a few nights ago with one of those sticky traps. It squeaked as it got its head stuck on the thing, and we were feeling sad for it. He said, "I know it's stupid to feel bad for it, but they really are cute." Then he threw it away in the subfreezing temperatures, and we felt a little better.

At 4:52 this morning, I was woken up by something crawling on me. IN MY BED. I threw off the blanket and yelled really loud, "OHMYGOSHAMOUSE! IT WAS ON ME!" Nils bravely instructed me to take Ava and go into the living room, but the damn thing got away. (When dealing with mice and other disease infested rodents/creatures, it's perfectly acceptable to swear. But only little swears like damn and hell.)

To all mice everywhere! You may be cute, but I believe you were created by the devil, and you must die.

Many moons ago when we lived in the woods of CT, we had mice in our house. We bought some humane traps with a one-way door. We caught several mice and they were so cute that we felt bad for them and set them free outside. They came back. They got into the cupboards and nibbled through boxes of food, and we could hear them scurrying through the attic at night. One day we were getting ready for church, and I found a nest of egg noodles in my shoe. A NEST OF EGG NOODLES! It was then that they were shown no mercy and they were executed.

So... anyone have some great mouse killing techniques you'd like to share? Please? I may never sleep again.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! EEEEEWWWWWW!

Jamie said...

OMG that made me laugh really hard and get the heeby geebies all at the same time.

My solution: a hungry cat.

Teresa said...

Ewwww Grosss! And I thought crickets were bad! I will take them any day if the alternative is mice!!

Robin B said...

We have had mice this year too. I tried to catch one with the plunger and of course he got away. We bought rat poison and put it under our stove and dishwasher so the kidos couldn't get in it. Since we got the poison we haven't had any more sightings.

Farrah said...

Ew, gross. That is just nasty! I say take no mercy and hold no prisoners. Anything goes to rid yourself of these rodents. And good luck!

Brownie Bites said...

Invading your sleep space is HORRIBLE! We find that the mice we have spotted really like it in the drawer under our stove. Try a sticky trap there, maybe.

Doulabug said...

I would move.

Holly said...

damn the mice. damn them all to hell.

we use regular ole traps with cheese. we've had a few uninvited guests ourselves this fall. ick.

Emmy Bludorn said...

In your bed?!?!?!?!?!

BreAnne and Patrick get steel wool and go around their entire house, inside and out, and stuff every little crevice and crack with the stuff. Then they put kid friendly traps under furniture and all around. They use the hardening foam to fill in cracks, too.

mooresclan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
5 little speckled frogs said...

We finally called Spider Spray after a few months of catching mouse after mouse and not knowing where they were coming from (they were in the walls - ew sick!). It's about $100 for the initial visit. Two weeks later, the mice were gone. Completely gone, knock on wood, but if they come back, we only have to pay $25 for them to take care of the problem. I think it was money well spent. Sticky traps work well, but you need to find out how they're getting into your house. Call me! I've SO been there!

Poetess said...

Oh I feel for you. My cat keeps bringing them home through the cat flap - and then looses interest without finishing the job. They're only cute when they are not running.

Poetessxx