Tuesday, March 09, 2010

From the Archives

Here are some recent funnies from the photo files:

The other day Anders went to a friend's house, and Aani wanted to go with him. She put her backpack and boots on, but didn't feel the need for pants. That kitty face was MAD when I told her she couldn't go with him.

Anders' hair had turned quite shaggy. When we told him it was time for a haircut, he said, "I wanna be BALD!" So, Nils took him out to the garage and sheared him. He shaved the top first, and when Anders saw it, he said, "AHHHHHH! I LOOK LIKE AN OLD MAN!!" He wasn't happy- so of course photos were taken. Then Nils shaved the rest, and people have been rubbing Anders' head for good luck ever since.

When Ava was in the hospital, this breakfast tray was brought in. I took the cover off of the plate to see what the "main course" was- VOILA! A singular blueberry muffin. Ha. It made me chuckle. Ah, what you find funny after four days in the hospital. I think I found it funny in part because the food was abysmal in general.

It occurred to me that we have lived in our house for 3 years this week. That's the longest we've lived anywhere in our married lives. The great thing is that I really love where we live. We're very happy here- there's just something special about the 'Toga.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

When I was a month away from being 18 (aka: still a "kid") I spent a week in the hospital due to a leaky appendix (because my DR was a moron and instead of thinking it MIGHT be my appendix was convinced that the excruciating pain I was in was due to pregnancy! But, that is a WHOLE other story...). Because I was still a "kid" they would make me whatever I wanted. My request: a blueberry muffin. Your post made me laugh!

Holly said...

That picture of Anders is so funny. And I don't know why you weren't more excited for the mush to the right of your singular muffin. That stuff looks extremely delicious.

Anonymous said...

Anders, I'm so glad that you've gone bald. I was afraid that your dad shaved off all of your brains! Love ya - Nana