Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cruises are Delightful

Cruises are the bomb. You probably already know that, but if you don't... well, now you do. We sailed to Ensenada. Honestly, why Ensenada is a cruise destination is a bit of a mystery to me, but it's not really where you go. The boat is just so fun.

Hey, look, it's Nils sleeping! Check out our port holes. That's right, two of them. We were overly excited about them. 

We don't get out much.

Why is the boat so fun, you ask? 9 WORDS. ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT-SOFT-SERVE-ICE-CREAM-CONES.   This was my 3rd one in a row, so I took a picture. A guy walked by me and said, "Did she really just take a picture of an ice cream cone?" I said, "Yes I did. It's my third one." He said, "Congratulations." I said, "Thank you." I think he was mocking me. Rude.

We arrived in Ensenada, and we went snuba diving. Snuba is a cross between scuba and snorkeling. Nils found a snuba guy online. I was a little bit scared that he was going to pick us up, drive us an hour away and murder us. I dunno. But he didn't, so it worked out well.

Anyhoo, he picked us up, drove us an hour away, taught us how to snorkel and then how to snuba. You breathe through a scuba regulator and have a weight belt on. The air tank is on a little kayak, and you're attached to it by a 30 ft. hose. Nils loved it and had a grand time. I thought I was going to suffocate and die, so it didn't go so well for me. I was also stabbed on my foot by a sea urchin. But I like snorkeling. I could snorkel all day. After Nils snuba'd, and after I flailed and gasped for air, the snuba man drove us back to the city and bought us fish tacos. Coming from a couple of fish haters, they were fantastic. For real.

Shut up, we know we're hot.

Don't we look so in love? Cruises make love grow.

We had a lot of fun. It was the perfect amount of time to get away, too. We truly enjoyed our time alone, and when it was over we couldn't wait to get back and see the kiddos. Thank you again to Nana & GrandPar, and Grandma for taking care of our crew. They had a great time as well. When we got back to Utah to pick up Ava and Aani, my mom said, "Well, I hope you enjoyed this ONCE IN A LIFETIME experience." Ha ha! She so funny! I guess next time we'll just have to leave all 4 with you, Par and Jenny. :)

11 comments:

Teresa said...

You guys make me GOL! (That short for GIGGLE OUT LOUD!) Good times!

courtneyb said...

i love cruises. the food and the relaxation, love it!
I love your moms quote, I guess they forget what it's like to need a break. Glad you guys got away and could have some time together sans the chitlins.

Becky said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun on your cruise! We've done the Ensenada cruise before and it was a blast. I didn't know about the all you can eat soft serve though. I'll have to store that little gem away for future reference.

Doulabug said...

I love your toes, all 20 of them! The soft serve is definitely amazing and yummy good. You guys are just too cute and I am so glad you had a blast!

Lindsey said...

OH.... I love the all you can eat ice cream. We had one every day when the boat sailed away. We called it our "sail away ice cream cone". Pretty creative, huh? Glad you guys loved it!

Unknown said...

I am so...glad you got away. That looks like it was a lot of fun!

Robin B said...

I am so incredibly jealous! But I am glad you had a great time.

Doulabug said...

P.S. I am also very glad the guy did not murder you.

Katrina said...

Thanks, Mary Ann, me too.

Bev said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! So happy you got to get away for the big 10th anniversary!

ps. We need to get together for a little summer reunion :)

Mahina and Lucas said...

We had so much fun with you guys!!! We are stalking you six too!!! Hope everything is great with the kiddies...