Friday, June 04, 2010

A week from now...

I will be on a large boat with Nils, sans children. The kids are being divvied up between grandparents, to whom we are most grateful. We've always wanted to go to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary, but that wasn't in the cards. Hospital bills, however...yup.

Anyhoo, we're going on a weekend cruise to Mexico, just the two of us. Nils surprised me with this news on our anniversary. He is indeed the romantic one. I'm excited, but mostly nervous about leaving the kids- especially little Ava. She's my biggest fan. She's sort of obsessed with me. I hope she does alright with Grandma for 4 days. I haven't been away from my kids for more than a few hours, so this will be strange. And wonderful. But there's no cell service in the ocean. I'm breathing into a paper bag.

We shall Snuba. I'm breathing into a paper bag again. No, seriously. It'll be great, won't it? Spending days alone with Nils is something I can scarce remember doing. Since I like him quite a bit, I think this will be enjoyable. Namaste.

I signed up for my very first (sprint) triathlon in August! I feel lucky to have friends who inspire me to do things like this. I know I can do it, and I know I'll love it- sometimes you just need a little push. I'm very excited.

Nils and Anders are on the Fathers and Sons camp out, and I have two little girls sleeping on my floor and one in the room right by me. We partied the night away with Kipper the Dog and mint chocolate chip ice cream cones. Yeah, baby. I have to give my girls credit- it doesn't take much to please them. Anders, however, is a different story. I could write volumes. But I shan't.

'Night.

5 comments:

Effie said...

oh man! we're going on a cruise next week too!!! 4 days to Mexico, crazy! we leave from ft lauderdale on the 10th and get back the 14th. Please tell me it's the same cruise! I can't wait! It's going to be so strange to not have kids for so long. sounds like the girls night was fun! what a good mommy. :)

Lindsey said...

You're going to love being alone just the two of you! I should know... we live our kids any chance we can get! HA! I'm excited for the triathlon too! You'll do GREAT!

Doulabug said...

Hey that is great!! A cruise is just too fun for words. OH, you wanted to know where we are going - to the Bahamas! I hope Larry loves it so much that he will want to go again and again. I may have to continue working to pay for vacations!!

Bev said...

Yay! So excited for you and Nils! Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time!

Brownie Bites said...

A cruise is the best vacation EVER!!! I am sooooo jealous. I hope you have such a wonderful wonderful time.