Sunday, December 11, 2011

We continue to live!

Hello! And thank you for coming! I've been trying to write a post for about 3 days, giving a philosophical explanation for making the blog private, but everything I wrote was crap, so I just gave up. I don't know why I felt the need to privatize, and it's probably going to be temporary until I can figure myself out, but thank you for joining me. 

On to pictures! This first picture illustrates the wonder that is Aani's hair. Did you know that Aani is 4 1/2 years old and is now just starting to get enough hair on the top of her head that I don't have to trim her mullet? She's still a little Carol Brady-esque, but she thinks she looks like Rapunzel and I don't have the heart to ruin that for her. 
Behold! Enough hair to braid!

As I've mentioned before, Aani is in a neighborhood preschool where the moms take turns being the teacher. It's been a fun adventure so far. Honestly, all of these kids are great. They get along, they're well-behaved and funny as all get out. One of our fall field trips was going to Hee Haws. Here are the highlights of  Hee Haws, just in case you haven't been there: They have a ginormous male pig with huge nuts. They're obviously proud of this fact, based on the t-shirts they sell that say things like, "We're NUTS about Hee Haw Farms!" When Aani noticed this pig, she laughed and said, "I see his bum!" Yeah....that's his bum. The other highlight about the place is the corn maze. After we walked around that stupid corn maze for 45 minutes trying to find our way out, my hatred for corn mazes was solidified. What is fun about being lost in corn? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing at all. 

Nils and I got to go on a real live date a few weeks ago! We went to dinner and a movie. DINNER AND A MOVIE! We were trying to remember the last time we went to a movie that wasn't animated and couldn't remember. Anyhoo, Los Hermanos in P-town moved a couple of blocks down into what used to be an Italian restaurant. I couldn't stop staring at David, all covered up with his Mexican garb. I can't decide if they covered him to be funny or if they covered him for modesty's sake. Whatever. It made my day.
Oh, David, you naughty thing.

We went to Dairy Queen and got the world's biggest ice cream cone. Mmm, waxy.

So, things have been normal schnormal lately. Ava likes to take off her pants and diaper about 7 times a day. Anders has been reading lots of books, like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, and the Gregor the Overlander series. Addie's best friend moved out of the cul-de-sac a couple of months ago, so she's been like a lost little kitty. She and Aani spend a lot time together playing ponies, and Aani loves preschool with every fiber of her being. They're all right, those kids. 

2 comments:

Doulabug said...

Rapunzel with blue rubber bands. I love it! And for the record, I do not like corn mazes one single solitary bit. I always feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Doulabug said...

P.S. Guess what? After 3 and 1/2 years of teaching Gospel Doctrine, I 'm now 2nd counselor in Relief Society. It's fun and I'm working with great women! It's kind of a relief to not have to prepare a lesson every week.