Friday, December 23, 2011

Merriest of Christmaseseses!


Well, here's our Christmas card, ya'll. We were missing a few addresses from last year- unfortunately this was a one shot deal, and if we didn't get it mailed in the first batch, it didn't get mailed. I am so soooorrrry. I apolllllogiiiiize.

The kids have been out of school since last Friday, and I have loved it. We've been good and lazy, waking up whenever the heck we want, getting dressed whenever the heck we want, brushing our hair whenever the heck we want. Addie and Aani play ponies and Barbies all day long. I'm amazed at how long they can keep a game going. They "pause" their game for lunch and dinner, but I hardly see them in between mandatory meals.

Aside from a couple of last minute, extended family gifts, we're all done. We're simplifying big time this year. We've been shopping since before Halloween, selecting just a few things that we think the kids will really like. Last year we felt like Christmas was big bust. The kids weren't overly thrilled with anything they received, and all of the stupid little filler things, like cheap board games and stocking stuffers ended up strewn about almost immediately. It made me realize that they need very little, and that volume doesn't do anything but overwhelm them and make them bratty.

I heard Addie say to Aani the other day (probably during a paused portion of pony mania), "Aani, the whole reason we have Christmas is because of Jesus being born. Did you know that?" Then Aani said something like, "We have SANTA because of JESUS?" I'm so thankful for our Savior, His birth, His life and ultimately His Atonement, which has the power to heal our hearts and make us whole. I've felt it in my life and know it's real.

Merry Christmas, my friends! May yours be merry and bright!

No comments: