Wednesday, September 21, 2005

As Long As I Can See the Light


I've seen the commercials for these GE Reveal Light Bulbs but I thought it was probably just a marketing spoof. Then I became really curious about the bulbs so Katrina and I picked up a couple of packs at the store. They were expensive. Normal four pack of bulbs: 96 cents. Reveal four pack of bulbs: $2.50. I turned on only one light fixture in our living room, which contains three bulbs, and set the camera on the bench to take the first picture. I had the camera on all manual settings so that the Fstop, shutter speed, etc. would be the same in the before and after pictures. No flash was used. After the first picture, I didn't touch the camera at all but I did change the bulbs in the light and shot another picture. What a difference! Now I love walking into our living room at night because it's a huge improvement. Our paint looks different, things look clear instead of faded and yellow. I'm hooked. I've since replaced the bulbs in the kitchen and many of our dishes have colors in them that I've never even seen. It's totally amazing so I'm sharing my new found information with the world. OK, not the world.. but maybe two or three people. So try it out. When you do you'll thank me for showing you the light. Literally.

No comments: