Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sleepless Wonders

Anders woke up at 3 am, got out of his bed and came into our room. This has never happened in the middle of the night. It was a little freaky to wake up to him, honestly. He got into our bed, and didn't go to sleep. He heard the train go by and said, "Mommy! I hear the train!" I was like, yeah that's great, go to sleep. An hour of him squirming and kicking was enough to put him back in his room. He completely freaked out. Finally the only way I could get him to go to sleep was to lay on his floor by his bed. He finally went to sleep at about 4:30, and then Addie decided to wake up at 5. That was actually really good for her, it was the first time she woke up. Anyhoo, she decided to wake up for good at 6. I let her lay in our bed and play for awhile so I could doze, but eventually she started slapping my face and grabbing my nose. I really need to cut her nails, by the way.
On Tuesday night, I was so tired my body ached. At about 8:30, I laid down thinking I would rest for 30 minutes or so. I woke up 11 hours later. Nils told me I woke up a couple of times, said really weird things and went back to sleep. I guess my whole point is that I'm tired, and I'm wondering if I'll ever be un-tired.
The good news is that we've finally cracked down on Addie. She no longer sleeps in our bed at night, and we have made her cry through the night. It sounds so mean. But, she's pretty much sleeping through the night now. So it makes no sense that I'm going to bed at 8:30.
I had a goal last night to run 3 miles in less than 30 minutes. I had eaten a pretty good sized dinner not too long before this, so by the time I finished running I thought I was having a heart attack. No really, I did. I came home and told Nils I was having a heart attack. He was like, "Oh really?" (Probably because I'm always dying. During my pregnancy with Addie, I thought I had Parkinson's Disease, and I thought I was having a heart attack then, too.) Anyway, I looked up symptoms of a heart attack, and I had them!!! Fortunately the pain subsided after about a half hour. When I do actually have a heart attack, no one will believe me. And won't that just be sad?

1 comment:

Tom said...

Just cruisin through blogs and found yours. I forgot what those little kids are like. Mine are 11, 6, 5. They sleep well. You will get rest someday.