Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Laundry

Throughout my life I've added to my definition of my own personal hell. Thus far, it has included moving (as in moving from home to home) for eternity in the heat of Las Vegas in July. I think I'll go ahead and add to that: folding laundry. Forever. But here's the thing: I actually do that now, so is that part of my own little hell on earth right now? I appreciate clean clothes. The washing and drying don't bother me so much. It's the mountain of clothes that, once cleared, replenishes itself within minutes. I also hate dragging the hamper up and down the stairs. Having said all this, I am very thankful to have a washer and drying in my own home. We did laundry at parents' homes for 4 years. But holy crap, could I have all the clothes put away and have the hamper be empty for at least 4 seconds? Yeah, like that's going to happen.

This week is and has been pretty busy. Monday night I dropped the kids off at my mom's while Nils was at school so I could go to the gym. Last night Nils had a work party at a place called Boondocks. They have go-karts, a rock wall, mini-golf, arcade games, etc. It was fun. Tonight I have a Shade party, which I'm terrified no one will show up to, tomorrow night Nils is going to play video games with his friends, and Friday night we're actually going to go on a date. Oh my! Saturday I think we're going to the pumpkin patch with our neighbors. Are we popular or what?

I'm off...more laundry awaits me.

No comments: