Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Bored Out of My Mind

I wish. I have a knack for filling my life with activities that are sure to take at least a combined total of 175% of my time. Work is becoming very busy, which is good for job security. We're trying to institute a dozen or more policies and practices to cut down on customer turnover but we're kind of doing all of them at the same time. My home life has been equally ridiculous in terms of the amount of work I have to do. Three hours from now, for example, I have another lesson, quiz and project due for my web class. I also have to finish up my Digital Photography homework and create a 60 second commercial for my Sound class- which I have only dialogue (bad dialogue) to start with. I'll have to find background music, sound effects and time to do all this. Oh joy. I shouldn't be writing a blog right now but I felt like it.
I just took out the last two weeks worth of garbage. Maybe three weeks. I kind of like to let it pile up in the frozen tundra called 'backyard' until the dumpsters in our lovely little Land of Camelot are not overflowing. They empty the dumpsters weekly but I don't remember for a week or two. I'm really peaved by people who continue to hurl masses of waste at the dumpsters despite the fact that the dumpsters have three feet of garbage above the rim already. After Christmas you could barely see the dumpsters at all. It just looked like a landfill. I usually pick all the trash up that people left around but there was no hope for a while there.
I feel really bad for Katrina with her headaches. I try to let her take naps as often as I can when I get home but I have class a couple of nights a week and we usually have to go shopping or something on the other nights. Hopefully tonight will be the night that cures this headache. She doesn't deserve to deal with that on top of being a mom all day. I must say that I feel really lucky to have my Katrina. She's the greatest. I think she had a fun birthday and I'm so glad. It's hard to have a fun birthday when your not a kid anymore and you don't have a lot of money to work with, either. I really enjoyed watching Fun with Dick and Jane. I guess Katrina thought it was OK but I'd like to see it again. We also watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how much I liked it. It was wholly entertaining (and that has little do with the fact that Angelina Jolie was in it... but that didn't hurt).
On a last and unrelated topic, I am being released from my church calling. I'm one of two Elder's Quorum secretaries for our quorum but they just changed the quorum boundaries and moved me and my neighbors to the North Quorum. I'm a bit bummed because I like my calling and I like the guys I work with but on the upside, the mystery of what calling I'll get next is always fun. Perhaps I'll go nine months without a calling like I did before this one. I think not, though.
It's time to turn on System of a Down and Alice in Chains, put my Bose TriPorts on and get crankin' at the homework. I'll check back in the next 1-841 days to fill you in on the latest. When I say you, I mean me... since I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who reads this- unless Katrina reads what she's already written. I'll shutup now. Rock on. Nizzle Foschizzle.

No comments: