Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Semester, Big Chair, Big Partay!

The chair and party really have nothing to do with each other. Last night we had a birthday party for Anders and Addie. Today Addie is one, and I'm just struggling to believe it. We had the party at our clubhouse. I made two big cakes, a little cake for Addie, and I made two big pots of soup. We invited my family and our neighbors, and it was fun. I was so tired afterward. My bones ached. They got lots of fun gifts. Addie took her first step last night at her party! How cute is that? She hasn't taken any today, but we thought that was pretty cool. I'll have Nils post pictures, we should have about 4 million.

We got a new computer chair. It's really nice. Our other one was such a piece of crap. It would make a loud popping noise every time you shifted or swiveled or sat down. Very obnoxious. The cushion is completely smushed so you sit down and the pole pretty much goes up yer bum. Having given that justification for the new chair, allow me to justify a little more. Our next door neighbors won a new office chair at his work party, but they didn't need it. It was sitting in a box on their living room floor for a month. Leave it to my scavenger husband to wheel and deal. We paid them $60 and agreed to babysit twice for them to go out on dates. It's a $175 chair, so we figured it was well worth it. Everytime I sit on it I brace myself for the popping, and alas, it doesn't make a sound! Wonderful!

Nils started school last week again. He's taking 9 credits this semester. One class is online so that's nice. The other two aren't that bad time wise. He's gone Tuesday night for 1 1/2 hrs., and Thursday night for 4 hours. Thursdays are rough. Oh school. Why is it still part of our lives? I project graduation in December 2007. I need to figure out what I'm going to do with myself on Thursday nights.

Addie's awake. Au Revoir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - congratulations on the graduation plans...may it come as quickly to you as I hope it comes to us! Good luck this semester.