Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Week in Review

I had a fine birthday on Saturday. I told Nils that I wanted to go to a movie and to lunch with him and no kids. My mom watched the kids, and we did just that. We saw "Fun with Dick and Jane". It's funny. I don't know that I'd pay to see it again, but it was entertaining. Nils made me a hair appointment for after lunch, so I got a weave in my mop and had it trimmed a bit. I haven't had my hair weaved in almost a year, so that was much appreciated! It was a good day. But I'm old. I got money from my mom and Nils, and it's all gone. I had great fun spending it. I went to the mall by myself and bought soaps, hair stuff, etc. The kicker, however, is that I spent a ridiculous amount on stamping stuff. I'm totally not into scrapbooking, but I do like making cards and tags, so I bought all the supplies I'll ever need to do those things. It's such a waste of money, but it was my birthday money and I LOVED wasting it!

On Monday Addie had her 12 month checkup, and Anders stayed with my mom, who had the day off. I went to pick him up, and he told me to go to the doctor again. So I came home with Addie so she could nap, and went back to pick up Anders. He told me to go back home. He had such a wild day at Grandma's, he just didn't want me anymore. He loves her because she gives him candy all day. I'm sure there are other reasons for the love, but I think the candy tops them all. Addie's appointment went well. She hasn't gained any weight since her 9 month visit, so I have to take her back in a month for a weight check. She wasn't crawling at 9 months, and now she's constantly on the move, so I'm sure that's the reason. Ever since turning one, she's become quite the little spit-fire. Her personality is manifesting itself in leaps and bounds. She's funny. She has a really funny sense of humor, but she's also been a little pill. She has little tantrums and flails around, and has been pretty fussy the last week or so. I remember age 1-2 being really hard with Anders. I guess that's what we have to look forward to with her as well.

I've had a migraine for about 36 hours. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of a stroke eventually. I've taken every drug in my medicine cabinet to get rid of this thing, and nothing is working. Maybe a frontal lobotomy will do the trick. If anyone has a secret weapon against migraines, please share. I've been getting them pretty regularly for the last 2 or 3 weeks, and I'm about ready to take a drill to my head. It's exacerbated by the fact that I can't sleep it off due to my lifestyle choice of motherhood. I'm afraid I need a powerful drug...

No comments: