Sunday, January 29, 2006

Lots of Wants

We have a lot of wants. We made the mistake of going to RC Willey on Friday night. There are a few things we've been wanting for quite awhile. I am determined to get a new bed. Our current bed is pretty ugly. It's brass and white. It's fine, but it's old and our children somehow manage to disassemble it daily. I want an iron bed- nothing super fancy but one that matches our room. We also want a sofa and loveseat. Again, the furniture we have is fine, but a little old and kind of ugly. We have the most comfortable recliner on the planet...it's just so unattractive. Anyhoo, we went to RC Willey as I mentioned and found a sofa and loveseat set that we really like, and a bed. All of it will cost about $1500. It's funny how that amount of money doesn't seem all that significant when you're sitting on the furniture you want in the store. Then they lure you in even more with the 12 months no interest, 90 days same as cash talk. I felt myself getting sucked into the vortex, and then a lightning bolt struck my brain- I remembered the credit card! Hey! We had resolved to pay it off. Why on earth did I think we could dig deeper into debt? We're waiting for a financial aid check and a tax return, and hope to pay a significant amount on the credit card with them. I still want that furniture, though. One day...

So we re-painted our room this week. The other blue was just too much. It was so vibrant and obnoxious. We painted over it with a very light blue, and it's so much better. It's very calming. Slowly but surely our modge-podge bedroom is coming together. We just need to get rid of that ugly bed!

No comments: