Monday, March 27, 2006

Our Weekend

We spent the weekend in Logandale, Nevada to visit Nils' parents. The trip down went pretty well, no major incidents or crying fits. Friday night Addie started to feel a little warm, and Saturday she was feverish and sluggish. On Saturday Nils, his Dad and I went to the Valley of Fire State Park. It's much like Moab. We hiked around a bit, but I was stuck with 2 major photo geeks so what would have taken someone like me about an hour took over 3 hours. "Oh look! It's ANOTHER rock! Let's take pictures!" It was fun nonetheless. Nils' mom watched the kids while we did that.

We left yesterday afternoon for home. Addie cried the entire time. 5 hours. We stopped a couple of times and she was fine, but the second she went back in the car seat she was furious. When we got home she went to bed, but wouldn't settle down. When she was finally asleep for about an hour, she woke up again crying. It was 9:30, but I called the doctor. I feared an ear infection and didn't want to go through an entire night with crying and no sleep. Nils took her to the doctor and she's fine. Sometimes I feel like I'm insane, you know? My kid is sick all weekend, cries for 6 consecutive hours, wakes up crying. The crazy debate starts in my head: Do I call the doctor at 9:30 on a Sunday night and risk looking like a moron, or do I not call and risk a miserable night of screaming and pain? I've learned to err on the side of looking like a moron. Anyhoo, I don't know exactly what the problem was, but I'm sure she was just feeling crappy and didn't want to be strapped in the carseat. I started feeling awful this afternoon with flu-like symptoms. If this is how she's been feeling, it all makes sense. I hate being sick. It's such a monumental waste of time.

No comments: