Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nice Spring Day

Today was a nice Spring day. The weather was gorgeous. We had a midweek activity today. We threw an "Un-Birthday Party". I realized today that we do a lot of work for these activities, and we're really not recognized or rewarded in anyway. I know that's not why we do them, but it's kind of irritating. If we stopped doing them I don't think anyone would say anything about us specifically, but people would probably complain that our ward is lame because there aren't any activities. Anyway, like I was saying we threw an un-birthday party. I think it was a rather clever idea. We made cute invitations and put them on every door. I made a gazillion cupcakes and frosting so the kids could decorate cupcakes after a cake-walk. We made a pinata, had pin the tail on the donkey, and we had everyone bring their kids a little present. We had about 5 mothers show up. Out of about the 3 million in the ward. Seriously- what do you want, people? I honestly don't think we could go to any more effort. Okay- done ranting.

This afternoon we went outside for awhile and played with the neighbor kids. It's so nice when we can go outside. The kids are so happy, and they love playing with other kids. It's nice to see other people, too. I'm really ready for the weather to turn nice for good.

I'm so tired. I'm all partied out. I think my kids ate nothing but cupcakes today. Well, pizza for dinner. I'm a good mom.

No comments: