Saturday, March 11, 2006

Someone Stop Us!

We are OUT OF CONTROL! Give us a little money, and look what happens! This week we bought a new DVD player/recorder and a printer. Granted, those things are difficult to live without. Tonight we went to Old Navy and spent $100! Oh my poop! I wanted to vomit when I heard the total, but remembered that Nils and I both have like 2 pair of pants each. It's kind of sad, so we got some new clothes for our ragged little selves. We've actually been good with the money we got from our student loan and tax return. We paid off 1 credit card, paid for the bed, paid off the overdraft, and we are planning on paying our Escrow account so our mortgage doesn't go up in April. Stupid property taxes. Seriously, I can't think of why our 1,213 sq. foot townhome equates $900/year in property taxes. But whatever. I guess my point is that it's nice to buy pants.

Last night Anders and Nils were reading stories on the computer before bedtime. It was the funniest thing ever, because Anders knew all the words. Nils would say the first couple of words of the sentence, and then Anders would finish it with the proper intonation and everything. We were cracking up.

So I'm obsessed with a couple of shows on TV. There's a show on TLC about a family of little people. The parents are both little, and they have 3 average sized children and 1 son who's a little person. It's very interesting. The other one is about this family in Arkansas that has SIXTEEN children. Has anyone else seen this family? They look like polygamists, but they're not. This woman has given birth to 16 kids. They all have "J" names. It's one of the craziest things I've seen. Sixteen children? The thing that puzzles me the most is that they seem happy and well adjusted. I wonder what kind of adults they all turn out to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched that show about the 16 kids last night! I was fascinated. ("Everyone say 'perpendicular') They do seem to be well adjusted. I'm not sure what to think. I even went online and found their website (www.jimbob.info, I believe, for those who are interested). Yes, the man's name is Jim Bob. And then I saw that little people show was coming on and I didn't know what it was so I set it up to Tivo and I am going to watch it tonight.