Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Pills


Last week I felt like the world was caving in on me. It was very strange and scary. I felt joyless and hopeless, and incapable of doing anything. I'm feeling better now, but still a little cloudy. So my big news is my happy pills. In hindsight, I probably should have been on them a while ago. I guess I've been able to distract myself from the cloudiness, but I think when Nils started school it served as the catalyst for an emotional breakdown. I've never felt that way, and hope to never feel that way again. So, here's to Prozac! If anyone has any experience with this, feel free to share. I'm really looking forward to feeling like me again. nilsandkatrina@gmail.com

7 comments:

Holly said...

Dave's late nights coupled with my emotional eating, maybe I should look into something like that. Hmmm...

By the way, I'm up for a playdate or girls night anytime you need a break.

Katrina said...

Sounds fab, Holly! What's your schedule?

Melinda B. said...

I'm proud of you. This is a big step and everyone deserves to feel whole and happy.

Lindsey said...

oh, i'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm so glad that you are feeling better now. Whatever you do, DON'T feel ashamed!

Anonymous said...

I was on Prozac for years and years. I'm on Celexa now (the Prozac gave me esophogeal (sp?) spasms; my sister has to be on it in liquid form). Prozac always worked the best for me and I'm all for putting it in the water supply! Or, at least in a select few people's water.
It made me feel normal; not high, not a zombie, I just felt like a normal person! I wonder if there will be a day when I don't need to be on something (I'm horrible at remembering to take pills) but, given my experiences going on and off meds over the years because I felt so normal I thought I was "cured", I don't think my childbearing and raising years are the time to play around with it. Just ask my kids and my husband.
Here's to the Prozac Nation! Congratulations on joining us!

courtneyb said...

just oxygenate your body and try these essential oils. hahahahahahaha! (you know who I'm talking about right?) I had no clue you were struggling but I'm glad you've figured out what helps!! and no shame. if money buys happiness, then you should find out what the street value for those are and sale them!

Katrina said...

Emmy, you crack me up. Good to hear it works.

Courtney, I know Tom Cruise would also disapprove of my choice of treatment. Darn it all.