Friday, September 14, 2007

My Girl, My Girl



Yesterday I had a tiny little chat with Addie about using the potty. It went something like this:

Me: Addie, do you want to wear underwear like Anders?
Addie: Yeah.
Me: So you can go pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty.
Addie: YEAH!

Fast forward 5 hours. We're at Grandma's, and Addie is complaining that her diaper is hurting her. Grandma says, "I think you need to get some panties and use the potty."

Fast forward 5 minutes. Addie is sitting on the toilet, and POOPS in the thing!

Fast forward 10 minutes. Addie starts doing the pee-pee dance, saying, "I need a diaper! I need a diaper!" Nils ran her to the bathroom, where she peed in the toilet.

Fast forward to our drive home. We stop at the store and buy the girl some underwear.

She just peed in the potty again this morning. And she's wearing her underwear.

After Anders being nearly 3 1/2 and pretty difficult to potty train, this is the best thing that's happened to me since Prozac. (Aren't I hilarious?)

6 comments:

Holly said...

Yay Addie!!

Anonymous said...

Can she come to our house and inspire Josh? He's pooped in the potty a few times and has given me hope but he's still just clueless. I know he's young. I'm proud of little Addie. And happy for you - that little stunt of hers has probably made your life a lot easier.

courtneyb said...

i'm jealous! that is awesome!!

Teresa said...

Yeah! I hope that she keeps it up! Do you want to hear something horrible? Too bad. I went in Sabrina's room the other morning and there were spots on her carpet. I ask what she had spilled, and she didn't know. Turns out she had some pretty watery #2's and it ran down her leg and landed on the carpet. Thank heavens its a rental!!

Lindsey said...

YAY!!! I got the potty out for brynley just to see it the other day and she ran out of the room screaming "NOOOOO!"

Gingerlylizzy said...

It was the same way with Blake and Syd. Bootcamp for a week with Blake and Syd one day was like "i have to go peeeeeee!" and has been going ever since! But hey, Katrina, she is a girl, and we are smarter.