Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nuthin' New

I feel like posting something, but I don't have anything exciting to say. Sorry. Here are some highlights from the week:

Monday: While driving home, the kids noticed a bug in the van and started to freak out. I got to a stop light, thought I stopped, and turned around to take care of the bug. Instead I rear-ended the van in front of me. Okay, it was more of a "love tap", but it sounded violent. The people inside that vehicle were none too pleased. The guy got out and looked like he might punch me. We pulled over to assess damage, give insurance info., etc. I was very apologetic. Aani was crying, Anders got out of the van and said, "MOM! I got the beetle out!" Once the guy and his wife saw my three kids, they took pity on my poor pathetic soul, and all the anger melted from their faces. And, there was no damage to their vehicle so that helped. They even told me to have a good day. Never underestimate the power of a crying baby.

Tuesday: I went to Enrichment at my mom's ward, and for some reason felt compelled to give a group of old ladies the recipe to figure out your stripper name. No, seriously. I did.

Why? Why? Why?

The response? Awkward, awkward silence. HELLO, Katrina! It was ENRICHMENT! I'm never talking at Enrichment again. No, I take that back. I'm never talking at any church function again. I shudder to think about it.

By the way, mine is Tiger Thompson. Thanks a lot, Becky.

Wednesday: Well, that's today, isn't it? Anders cleaned his room, Addie only had one accident, and Aani was fabulous as usual.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds. Let's all hope there are no car accidents and no mention of the word "stripper". Ugh.

12 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm leaving a comment because I feel so bad for myself.

Lindsey said...

lol! What's the recipe?

Katrina said...

Your first pet's name & your mother's maiden name.

Anonymous said...

I guess that would make me Fred Games. Hmmmm. Sounds more like somebody's grandpa than a stripper. Oh well. I guess I won't quit my day job just yet.

Holly said...

Dave's is "Lady Herbert."

I can't stop laughing.

Katrina, you funny

Teresa said...

Thank you Katrina. If nothing else you made me feel better because I hit someone (with my car, not my fist) the other day. I totally played the "baby crying" card. I ask Brian that night if he knew of anyone who had ever caused an accident before. So thank you. Also, my name would be Jasmine Sweeten. Maybe I would change it to Sweet Jasmine....

Katrina said...

Thank you, thank you everyone for sharing your (or someone you love's) stripper names. See? I was just trying to make some old ladies laugh.

Melinda B. said...

Soooo...my first pet was inherited, I didn't name her I swear! She licked alot, so her name was Licka.
Licka Waterman.

I feel dirty. I need to go cry in the shower.

Katrina said...

Ha ha ha! Fred, Lady, Licka, Jasmine...

Nils' is Missy Cook.

Ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

You should have heard me burst out laughing at the stripper part of your post. Matt was across the (albeit small) apartment and yelled to find out what was going on. I'm still laughing out loud.

I never had a pet. I guess I don't get a name. Matt's name is Sparky Brown. Kind of has a flow to it.

Anonymous said...

And if it makes you feel any better, some lady hit Matt a few days ago on his motorcycle so, really, you could have done worse than tapping another car.

Holly said...

Our friend is here with us and his would be "Bouncer McClellan."