Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Calling All Math Nerds!


Hi folks. It's Nils. As many of you know, Katrina and I were born with a debilitating DNA disorder known as I-Suck-At-Math-A-Lot-itus. Our children are doomed to the same fate but state law requires that I pass College Algebra in order to receive my degree. Therein lies the dilemma. I should have had my Associates a long time ago but I could never pass the math courses. Now I find myself nearing what I hope to be my last semester of college and the elusive passing grade of College Algebra 1050 (or 1030) stands between me and that diploma for both my Associates and Bachelor's degrees. Katrina has let me know on no uncertain terms that Spring '08 will be my last semester of college whether I graduate or not. This is where you come in. I need help. I'm hoping to find a Math Tutor who will help me study for my placement test and then offer some help occasionally during the semester. I have taken Math 1050 four separate times and failed it each time. I am truly mathematically retarded. What can I say? Now, because it's been so long since my last passing grade, I have to qualify to get into the new class. I'm just not ready for that so I need help.

IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS WILLING TO HELP ME FIGHT TO FIND MY CURE FOR I-SUCK-AT-MATH-A-LOT-ITIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We're poor so I can't pay cash but I will happily teach you something in return or do some tradework for you. I'm a fairly skilled guy at a couple of things after having spent 11 years in college. I'm good with Photoshop, photography, video, audio, web design, illustration, woodworking, construction, whining, complaining- wait, those last ones aren't really skills- but anyway, we'll work something out. Also, you do not need to be a total math nerd to qualify. Remember, I am an idiot when it comes to math so if you know what polynomials or integers are, or if you have ever memorized equations and still know them, you're light years ahead of me.

Thanks for your help!
-Nizzle.

4 comments:

Melinda B. said...

Jeremie will do it.
And I'll think of some tasty punishment...I mean payment.
If a better offer comes along take it, but he is very good at math and is a great tutor.

Anonymous said...

If there is anything I can do from Austin let me know. If I do end up helping, you can pay me back by being my official complainer to Farrah. I like to complain a lot, but sometimes I just don't have the energy for it. That's where you would come in. :)

courtneyb said...

find someone to take it for you! That's what Ryan did when BYU told him in his last semester that he had to take "Physical Science" to get his degree. But then the guy flaked out at the last minute so Ryan took it in the summer and passed with flying colors- a "D".

Teresa said...

Brian had the same problem with the same class. He sucks at math (sorry honey). But, he passed. The way: he made the T.A. cry! Okay, maybe not cry but we honestly think the only way he passed was because he was such a pain. He always complained about the story problems, "WHY would I be throwing stuff off the roof?" He was such a pain. He even cussed at the T.A. The only time he has cussed. THAT is how you pass math.