Monday, December 10, 2007

My Apologies

Addie dressed up in my clothes and decided to show off our amazing tree. Please note the many snowman ornaments.

Ashli Christmas tagged me. I read the questions, all TWENTY-TWO of them, and decided I couldn't possibly answer them without sounding like a total scrooge. So, instead of answering them, I'll just let you all in on some of my scrooge-like qualities.

1. We bought our tree at Wal-Mart 6 years ago. It was $20. That's right, I said twenty. I can't stomach the thought of spending hundreds of dollars on something that graces us with its presence for a month. We are way too poor for that. Maybe someday when we're millionaires, we'll buy a big honkin' tree.

2. Most of my Christmas decorations have been given to me through the years by my mother for...Christmas! She seems to think that I fancy snowmen. Sure, why not?

3. 5 years ago when I was 100 months pregnant with Anders, Nils and I decided not to give presents to each other for Christmas. We decided to keep our $20 tree up until he was born, and he would be our late Christmas present. We broke down and budgeted $25 dollars for gifts to each other. Anders was born January 6.

4. I really don't decorate for holidays at all- with the exception of Christmas, thanks to my mom. We've moved 9 times in the 7 1/2 years we've been married, and I just don't want to schlep around more stuff than we have to. Holiday decorations qualify as more stuff.

5. Anders let me know at Halloween time that we were the only people in the world that didn't have our house decorated. So, we got some Halloween decor. I guess now that the kids are getting older, I will do more for holidays. Mainly so we don't get turned in to DCFS.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

lol, your posts always make me die laughing.

courtneyb said...

I'm surprised you didn't just say x-mas.

I love a girl who can say it like it is :)