Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Rundown

This week has been nutty! First off, my shoe party was a big success! I know you were all worried about that, so fret no longer. I ended up with shoes for all the kids, which was really my main motivation. I also got a very cute purse- my very first grown-up purse! I'm all aflutter.

Nils scored a contract job on Monday, so he's been working his regular job full-time and this contract job full-time, so he's been absent most of the week. It has yet again been confirmed to me that I can not be a single parent. How do people do it?

Anyhoo, he has to be done with this project by Wednesday of next week because we're going to DISNEYLAND! Since I'll be the one to do all the packing, etc., any helpful road trip/Disneyland tips would be greatly appreciated. I may have a stroke if I have to pay $6 for a hot dog in the park. Can we smuggle in snacks?

Our ward had a 5K fun run this morning. Nils said he needed a diversion from coding, so he ran it. The thing about Nils is that he exercises very sporatically, yet he can run a 5K without too much trouble.
Anders and Addie ushering him in to the finish, sippy cup and all.
I really have to hand it to him. He's been working 20 hour days. No wonder he was a bit tuckered out at the end.

I'm all out of things to say. Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

10 comments:

Nils said...

For all of you who have wondered whether or not I'm "sPEshUL", these photos provide clear answers. Please notice (as if you could avoid noticing) the protruding tongue, droopy eyes and bedhead. Katrina, you're a lucky woman. Rar.

jamiea said...

I hate people that can just go out there and run with no training. Have fun in Disneyland! My suggestion is to take strollers for ALL the kids (even the bigger ones). It will make life easier for everyone. We had one stroller and ended up renting two more! And you can take food in the park so you don't have to worry about "sneaking."

Teresa said...

I am sooo jealous of your Disneyland trip! We are hoping to go to disneyland next spring, but for now I will live vacariously through you! And yes, you can take food into the park! Enjoy!

courtneyb said...

your ward had a 5k? was there a purpose?
It seems like the weather has been pretty warm down there (CA) but my dad said it rained the other day.
My advice for anyone going to Disneyland in CA, eat at Wahoo's!! please! It's not in the park but they are spotted all over the great county of Orange. Especially if your in a beach city. And please have a moment of silence for me when you chow, I recommend the Maui Bowl.

courtneyb said...

oh, I more thing, did anyone book a shoe party from yours that I know? I really want to check one out.

Holly said...

i will be calling you with disneyland tips. there are just too many to type. i am too laze.

Holly said...

i am also too lazy.

Doulabug said...

Have a blast in Disneyland!

PS the scones are baked and they don't have any sugar!!

Kari said...

how sad, i wrote a novel about disneyland yesterday and then when I went to submit it, the power went out. Needless to say I never made it back. Having a disney visa has lots of perks, but you're leaving too soon! I got one just for the free stroller rental. 2 free each day, saved us $20/day and they were nice strollers. I hate hunching over umbrella strollers. But definitally have some for your kids, even though my girls are 4 and 6, they rode everywhere in a stroller, made things so much easier. Also, take advantage of fast passes. They say they are good for a 1 hour window, but you can use them anytime the rest of the day, so don't throw them out. And you can get more for the same or another ride as soon as time starts on the ones you have. Just make sure you check the time before you get them, my sister in law used all our tickets for splash mt, it was 4pm, they all printed and she looked and they didn't start until 9:30pm. So we couldn't fast pass anything else that day. Also, stroller passes are awesome too!

courtneyb said...

is a stroller pass when one parent waits at the exit with the kids that are too small and then trades with the other parent? Yes, that is great especially when you just used a fast pass and so you didn't have to wait long and your "tall enough" kids get to ride the ride twice in a row! Go to our disney blogs and read the post titled something like "boo-yaw" it's all the things we were stoked about at disney