Friday, July 25, 2008

Addie Girl

While we were in San Diego there was a get-together at Nils' cousin's house. I didn't go because I was puking sick with a migraine, so I wasn't there to witness the events. There was a pool, and apparently Addie couldn't stay away from it. Long story short, she went under the water twice when no one was looking. The first time Nils' dad jumped in fully clothed to save her. His nice cell phone and electronic car remote were in his pocket. They're ruined, but Addie is alive. He also hit his head on the railing. The second time, he was in his swim trunks with his nice camera around his neck. The camera is ruined, but again, Addie is alive. So thanks to GrandPar (his name is Par, so instead of Grandpa, he's GrandPar) for saving our little Addie and sacrificing his electronic devices.

Addie is in a really cute phase right now, so I want to write some of what she's doing so I don't forget. She loves to sing, albeit off tune and often the same line over and over again. She says her R's as "Wuh" or "Oy", so alright is "awight" and sure is "shoy". Dora the Explorer is "Doywah the Expoylah". When we tell her she's cute she says "yoy cute too" (you're cute too). She loves cereal and could eat it for all three meals, particularly Honey Nut Cheerios. She loves princesses and has a particular affinity for Snow White. A couple weeks ago we had a few extra dollars so we let the kids pick out a toy. She wanted a Snow White Barbie and Snow White's horse. The whole time at the store she stared at them and kept saying, "Mommy, I love it." She loves to brush hair. If I let her she'll brush my hair for an hour. She's a good sport and usually goes with the flow. She loves chocolate. I love her.

4 comments:

Farrah said...

And what a cute picture of her! Glad she's still alive and she's definitely worth more than keys, cameras, and phones combined!

Lindsey said...

Brynley love honey nut cheerios too! Seriously she DOES eat them for every meal. I'm like, what the heck. She also loves to brush my hair! And I love that too! I'm always like "let's play beauty parlor."

Becky said...

That's so scary! I'm glad that she is OK.

mooresclan said...

They say that drowning is the number one cause of death for children. I am SO glad that she is okay. What a blessing.