Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Haps on the Craps

Hello there. I have exciting news. I went to the dentist for a "checkup from the neck up", and tomorrow I get to go back for 3 fillings and possibly a root canal! Don't act like you're not jealous.

The great news, however, is that Nils' job started offering dental insurance TODAY, retroactive from July 1. So what would have cost $1,115 will now cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $200. Blessings, blessings. I tell ya.

What could be more exciting than my root canal, you ask? That vision of beauty above, that's what. That bad boy is mudded, taped and textured. We still have to do doors, trim, paint and carpet, but LOOK! Isn't it wonderful? Sometimes when I need a little pick-me-up, I come downstairs and look at the basement. Can you imagine when we can actually live in it? Joyous rapture, my friends. Joyous rapture.

4 comments:

D.J, Laura and Kids said...

your basement is so cool, I love the window cut out. I have to come and see it when it is done. Also thanks for the B-day note I have to say 30 isn't so bad but it has only been 2days so far so we will see. Lets get together and I am so sorry about your rotting mouth :) I hadn't been to the dentist in about 6yrs. and when I finally went I had 2 root canals and they had to pull a tooth, so needless to say I have one uped you, do you have a fake tooth......") Love ya

Holly said...

i think you should have a basement-warming party.

and invite me of course. i take the best pictures and it was my idea after all.

Tigerlily said...

You'll love the extra space for your kids to dump their toys in! I really like the window. It's a fun conversation piece and very cool. Sorry about the dentist. Reading what they need to do to you made me shudder with fear. I hate the dentist. I have to find one to see in the next 7 days before we lose insurance. Make sure Nils knows that you get a massage and a candle lit bubble bath night without the kids. -Sara P.

Erwin and Michelle said...

Wow Katrina, I'm totally jealous. I want my basement finished! I'll have to come over and see it one of these days. Congrats! Not of the root canal, ouch, that just sounds painful, but on the basement, totally exciting.