Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Me Likey

It's yet another basement post, so bear with me. We're so close and it's so exciting I can hardly stand it. A year ago this was a concrete hole, and it's so cool that our own ideas have come to fruition.

Thanks to everyone's encouraging words mixed with my hatred of painting, I decided to stick with the green and brown. Nils put up some of the chair rail last night. I really, really like it. I'm amazed what a difference a white stripe made for me. I love it now. This is Nils' new baby- his projector. He's been talking about getting one of these forEVER. As you may know, Nils ALWAYS finds a way of getting what he wants. It's sort of infuriating. In this case, the job he's quitting happens to have 3 extra projectors, so he's going to do some contract work for them to pay for it. Now, if I can just convince him to do some contract work to pay for my boots.This is the office. It's the room beyond the arch in the family room. Sorry for the crappy pictures, you'll just have to come see for yourselves.
This the bedroom that I've never posted. Our poor old couch is going to have to be steam cleaned big time.Doors, trim and carpet are what we have left. Our basement fund has been depleted, so we're using the carpet we tore out upstairs and putting it downstairs. There were a few times we considered selling it or just getting rid of it, so I'm glad we still have it.

I love our basement. Nils loves it, too. We're unnaturally obsessed with it.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

ok, i'll have to come see it before i have my baby b/c who knows how long it'll be before i make it up there afterwards. But, i want to see it all done. When do you think that will be?

Becky said...

I'm excited that you guys almost have it done! I can't wait to see the final results!

D.J, Laura and Kids said...

I am so glad you stayed with the paint, I love it I really think that when you get it all done you will be glad. The chair rail adds alot too, its great!! I really think that we need to get together I am hoping that this baby comes any day so maybe after.... who knows she may decide that she never wants to come out!!! Love the basement! Keep us posted

Doulabug said...

Verrrry nice! I like your basement and I am wishing we could do it to our basement. Ours is the black hole from outer darkness. ENJOY!!