Tuesday, April 07, 2009

No Treats = No Es Bueno

So remember how I said that Nils and I weren't eating treats for a month? Well, the month has passed, and here's the review.

Not eating treats blows. By the way, I think I went maybe a day without cheating- I ate a few chocolate chips almost every day. A girl's gotta cope somehow! Overall, I didn't eat any baked goods or official desserts for 3 weeks. All it did was make me mad. Then we went to my mom's house and she made chocolate cake. I had a piece and I loved it. My month lasted three weeks.

Nils, Mr. All or Nothing, did much better. He had a couple of times that he forgot and ate some candy, but he endured the full month.

My assessment of the situation is this: Since I was depriving myself of enjoyment via dessert, I just ate more in general. I wanted to eat a big burrito all the time. I think I lost a half a pound. HALF. So not worth it.

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

3 comments:

Tigerlily said...

My sister Becky that has lost 106 lbs on Weight watchers over the last 2 years told me something interesting. She said anytime she tried to cut sweets out completely....she gained weight. If she stuck to the point system and then added the extra weekly points during the week she lost weight. I think it has something to do with your metabolism. I think you just have to watch portions and calorie intake. A few sweets never hurt anyone. Maybe try just on sunday.

Doulabug said...

Don't remind me. I totally agree. Remember when I ate NO sweets for months? I felt proud of myself and grumpy at the same time. All I ate was more bread. What was worse? AAGGHH!!!!

mooresclan said...

I could never give up sweets. You are way stronger than I am. I am going to go and eat some M&Ms now.