Saturday, November 19, 2005

Saturday Madness

What a wild day. The kids both got up at 7:00, which I think is just cruel. I went to the gym, came home, showered and went for a haircut. Came home, went to Super Saturday. Came home, and we went to Target and the mall. Anders cried pretty much the whole time. We came home, had dinner and put those rascals to bed! I've been reading a book called 1-2-3 Magic for disciplining Anders when he acts up. It works well, but public settings require you to ignore the screaming. It's great when people look at you and your screaming child. Their looks vary from "That's funny", "Those poor parents", "Get your kids out of here", etc. Anyhoo, I'm just physically tired tonight. I was going to go to the store for groceries, but I don't think I can muster the energy.

We got a fun book for Anders to play with during church. It's sort of a dry-erase book that should keep him occupied for the duration of Sacrament Meeting. That's one of our biggest stresses, that hour of the week. The past few weeks I've been stuffing him with candy to keep him quiet, but I think people are starting to notice and it doesn't look good. Plus, it's not good for him in any way, really. We're going to keep this book for church only, so he doesn't get to play with it at all during the week. We'll see how that goes. It's so funny to see the difference in Anders and Addie. Anders has always been a challenge during church. He was born that way. He screamed through church as a newborn, and hasn't stopped since. Addie's fine. She doesn't fuss during church and is just more content in general. It's nice to have one be a little easier in that way.

Okay, I'm done. I think I'll do something that requires little energy. Typing is just too much for me. Bonsoir.

No comments: