Friday, November 04, 2005

And it Starts!

Addie is officially mobile. She doesn't crawl in a conventional manner. It's more of the 80's breakdance move "The Worm". Remember that? It's bittersweet, really. She's been frustrated for awhile because she couldn't go where she wanted, but now we have to baby-proof. She's also started pulling herself up into a sit. Last night I put her to bed and she started screaming a couple of minutes later. I went in to see, and she had pulled herself up in her crib and was hanging over the side. We hadn't lowered her crib mattress because she wasn't doing anything like that until now. Crazy kid. It's about time, she's almost 10 months old. This morning I stuck her in a laundry basket (on the floor, not the dryer), and she pulled herself into a stand. Anders did that, too. The day after he started to crawl he was pulling himself up. Shouldn't there be a little more time in between?

So I've been part of this "Ladies Night Out" group this year, and last night it was my turn to host it. It's kind of a strange little group- I was invited because my sister-in-law started it, but it's mostly girls from her ward and their friends. I'm kind of like the red headed step child of the group, but whatever. Anyway, over the year it's pretty much fizzled, so last night 3 people of about 15 showed up. It was still fun, but kind of a sad way to end it. We decided last night was the last one since no one comes anymore.

I'm glad it's Friday. Weekends are good.

No comments: