Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Is the week over yet?

Alright, what a week. Oh my. So Addie's been sick as I previously mentioned. Monday I took her to the doctor because she still had a fever and was very listless. She was pale and like a little rag doll. The doctor looked at her ears, throat, etc. She said her throat was red and sore, and that her ears looked wonderful and fabulous, but that may change. Yesterday she screamed all day. Not a cry or whimper, but full-on scream, non-stop for hours and hours. I took her into the doctor again, and low and behold, 2 ear infections! She didn't go to bed last night until about midnight. Oh my. Non-stop screaming, all day, all night until midnight. I know ear infections are no picnic. They're torture, actually. Tylenol wouldn't touch the pain, had to break out the Motrin. Today she slept in until 10 (usually gets up at 6:30 or 7:00), and she's on her second nap, just past 2:00. Something tells me she's tired. No more sickness!!! It's miserable for everyone.

Both Anders and Addie are asleep right now. Anders has been really good about taking naps lately. He doesn't fight me at all, ever since I changed the name from "nap time" to "quiet time". Napping is optional, but quiet time is not. He's been napping every day for the past couple of weeks. It's wonderous.

We went to Costco last night to break up the monotany of screaming.... there are so many things there that I want to buy. Not for myself, even. The toys! Oh, the toys! I wish I could buy my kids everything, but I know that would be stupid. There are so many fun things there that I know Anders would love, and Addie's starting to be interested in toys and interactive stuff too. We're going to keep Christmas real low key while we can, one or two Santa gifts per kid. It would just be so fun to buy everything they ever wanted.

Nils is going right from work to school, so he won't be home until 7:00- and then I have to leave right when he gets home for a Primary meeting. Then I have to go to the gym after that. I can't take the kids to the gym during the day when we are carriers of diseases. It's rough. How I look forward to the weekend!

No comments: