Monday, February 06, 2006

Another Week in Review

Let me recap the past week:

Monday- We bought a new bed. I know, I know. We didn't get the living room furniture, though. The bed is SO much better! It makes our room look totally different. "Ah-lawk -it-a-lot!" (I like it a lot- isn't that from Dumb and Dumber or something?) We no longer have the white and brass monstrosity overtaking our personal space.

Tuesday- The surround sound system I bought Nils pooped out after an ENTIRE MONTH of use. Here's why we're never shopping at Best Buy again (and we had such high hopes for them): They have a nazi return policy; they won't take returns after 30 days, even if the item is defective. It had been 41 days since the purchase was made, so they were giving us crap about it. To make a long story short, they took the stupid thing back, and we got a nicer one, but had to pay the difference. They also tried to take back the $20 gift card they gave me in Dec. for purchasing the first system by subtracting 20 bucks from the total credit, so we had to fight tooth and nail for that. How retarded.

Wednesday- I don't remember Wednesday.

Thursday- Anders had a birthday party at 5:00. We came home about 6:00 and while I was making dinner he fell asleep on the kitchen rug. I took him up to his room, and he slept all night until 8:30 the next morning. Addie went to bed at 7:00 that night. It was the best night ever.

Friday- I don't remember Friday, either.

Saturday- I ran 4 miles. My legs are now broken. Here's the thing: I like to think I'm relatively fit. I ran the 4 miles without stopping or puking. It's not my ability or desire that keeps me from running long distances. It's my stupid shins. I get shin splints from running 2-3 times per week, even after doing all the precautionary garbage that's recommended. I have the widest running shoes available with all the support you can imagine, and I have the $80 inserts to keep the pronation under control. All this and my body still breaks. My legs have been throbbing all weekend. I think the marathon is a pipe dream.

Lest I forget the rest of Saturday, allow me to continue with the day. We went to Costco, and the Bean Museum. Anders thought it was pretty cool to see all the animals. The dead, yet taxidermed and very life-like animals. He wanted to go to Grandma's house, so he stayed there for a couple of hours while Nils, Addie and I went out and about. He loves Grandma. I still think it's largely because her house is a sugar-coated wonderland.

We've been looking more seriously into Nils attending a different school. We have to shell out $100 for the application, but they'll look at his transcripts and see which of his credits will transfer. I think it's the way to go. UVSC is a fine institution, it's my alma mater, after all. It's just not giving Nils what he needs. The school we're looking at has a very specific program for exactly what he wants to learn. Me thinks it's time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Switch schools if it will get you where you want to end up...you don't want to look back on your life and have any regrets.